Friday, July 17, 2009

Cause This Is Thriller! Thriller Night...

When I was in Kindergarten, the music video for Thriller came out. I remember, like it was yesterday, sitting at my friend Janie's house watching it over and over and over. I loved Thriller and Madonna's "Material Girl" so much. Even as a 5 year old, I could pick out good music. (I was also desperate to be like my teenage sister that is 10 years older than me, so if she said it was cool, that was good enough for me.)

Flash foward to today. Ever since Michael Jackson died, my kids have been very intrigued by him. (I guess it doesn't help that I watched the whole funeral and listen to every news special that is aired about his life/death.) They have asked the various questions like, "Why does he wear makeup?", "Why is he white now?","Why is his voice so high?", "Why is he SO weird?". Of course, I don't have the answers to these questions cause I'm still trying to figure them out.

Well, last night Dylan was flipping through the ON DEMAND shows (we just switched to Comcast from Dish Network, oh, how I miss Dish Network). He found a whole Michael Jackson segment, I told him to flip through and look for Thriller. He found it and Abbie, me, and Dylan sat and watched the video 2 times through. When it got over Dylan said, "wow, now I know why he was the king of pop!" It was reminding me of my Kindergarten days all over again. It was like a little piece of my childhood that they were getting to experience. I was all proud of myself for introducing them to such culture, when I had a rude awakening. Later that night, I had two kids come in my room freaked out cause they couldn't stop thinking/dreaming of the zombies. Oh well, I tried...

3 comments:

BJandGayle

Kriss!!! I loved MJ in kindergarten too!!! My aunt sent my stickers with his picture on them and I could hardly contain myself. What a nerd I was...okay I still am, but I remember Thriller also and watching it ALL the time. Crazy! I enjoyed watching the old footage of him before he became a weirdo (I think he was normal in his younger days) because that is the Michael I remember and loved. Anyhoo just had to say Hi and leave a comment because I LOVE comments too. Talk to you later.

Sharee

Happy Birthday today Kriss! I love the new pictures of Abbie and Dylan. They are so big. I hope you are all doing well. Take care.

Melissa

Hi Kriss. I'm just leaving a comment because you love comments. I love your new blog layout. I don't think I've ever seen the music video. Happy Birthday yesterday!