It has been so long since I've blogged that when I just tried to login, I couldn't get my password right. That is pathetic! I feeling antsy right now and decided that doing a post on this crappy blog would fill some time for me. Dylan is at his second day of scout camp, Abbie is playing with a friend, and Scottie is napping. I just don't know what to do with myself. Since I find it nearly impossible to sit still and do nothing, I thought I would take a moment and write about our 4th of July holiday. Here goes:
The fourth of July has to be one of my favorite holidays. I don't know why, it just always has been. We went to the parade on the 3rd. This was a serious sacrifice for me cause I have always HATED parades, even when I was little and was supposed to like them. I decided to suck it up and take the kids. Jesse had to work so I drug my sister along with her kids. It was actually more fun going to the parade as a mom. Watching the kids get excited over that two cent taffy was a joy for me to watch. Abbie loved the queens and even practiced her Miss America wave to them. Dylan was stoked about a huge tank and some Jeeps that were crawling all over each other. Scott loved the helicopter circling the event. He spent more time with his eyes up to the sky then he did watching the parade. He has become obsessed with airplanes and helicopters since last month when it was Air Force week and 5 massive jets were circling the valley. Lucky for us, they would make their turn right over our house, it was way wicked cool! After the parade, we did fireworks at a neighbor's house with a ton of people from our ward. That was a really fun thing and I hope Jana does it every year (hint, hint). The actual 4th of July was spent at a barbeque at my sister's house and then we went to the carnival and fireworks that were happening down the road. I have to say that the funnest thing about carnivals is seeing the various types of people that live around us. (Yes, okay, I'm talking about the carnies and the WT that hang out there.) Seeing them is entertainment at its best! It was a fun weekend, but so tiring. Especially when we have church at 9:00 am. It totally would've blown it off if I didn't have to teach primary. We did skip sacrament meeting (shame, shame), but the kids needed the sleep, they were totally hashed. Anyway, it was a fun time and it will always be one of my favorite times of the year!
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Sounds like you guys had a fun holiday! Gotta love Carnies, its always interesting to see the people who operate the rides (yes I went there!!) I had many a summer growing up and going to the state/county fairs= good times!!
I'm still in in shock!
Sounds like you guys had a fun weekend!
Will look forward to your next post, I hope I don't have to wait as long.
Post a Comment