Sunday, June 8, 2008

What we have been up to


Last night was Abbie's dance recital. This is her right after we got her hair/makeup/costume on. She loves to get all dolled up so much! It really does my heart proud that she is into girly things. Her costume this year is far from my favorite but she is rockin it the best she can. They did their dance to "Doctor, Doctor" (hence the nurse hat), and she did awesome! She was up there smiling from ear to ear, remembering all her moves. I have to say that one of my favorite things about having a daughter is going to dance recitals. I just hope she keeps it up so we will have many more to go to!


This is a picture of Abbie stuggling to figure out how to ride her bike with no training wheels. She has had this bike forever and is only now showing an interest in riding it. Too bad it is too small now. We told her if she keeps practicing we'll get her a new bike. She is really bothered that she is the only person she knows her age that still needs training wheels. I was like 7 or 8 before I figured it out, so I think she has plenty of time.


This is a picture of Dylan at one of his last games. I feel like we have been to so many baseball games this spring!


This is Abbie and her Daddy on his dirt bike. Although she is very girly, she is also not afraid of anything and loves to go riding around the neighborhood with her Dad. This is right before they took off, I can see the excitement in her eyes!
This is Dylan and his friend Ashton after their school program. They were both owls and had a "hoot". ( Okay I'm the biggest cheese in the world but I couldn't resist!) Now 1st grade is over and I'm feeling somewhat sad that I have a 2nd grader-where does the time go?

1 comments:

Laura Stringham

Ok, I get the whole dance costume thing now. At least the girl knows how to rock the outfit, no matter what it looks like.