
Later that day I met one of my oldest friends, Nicole, at Chick-Fil-A for lunch. She lives in Arizona, so it's always so great to get together when she's in town. We have so much history together that we can talk and talk and talk. We ended up being there for close to 4 hours. It was really fun! The kids were totally entertained in the playground, they were the only ones in there so they had the run of the place! Later that night, Jesse arranged to get off work early. He stopped on the way home and got take out from Chin Wah (my favorite chinese food). The food was below par this time around, but I still enjoyed my ham fried rice. We ended up just hanging out the rest of the night.

On Saturday I met my friend Melanie at Iggy's. Her birthday is the 13th, so we try to go out every year and celebrate. Melanie is one year younger than me so she thinks it's fun to rub in my age. She got to lunch early and tied balloons on our table. They, of course, had the big 30 on them so everyone would know my pain. Then I got the obligatory happy birthday song from the staff and a free sundae to boot. Melanie is so nice it's crazy, she bought my lunch for me even though I felt dumb about it. Next year will be her BIG birthday so I will be able to pay her back!


That night Jesse and I had planned on going on a date, but both of us kind of put off getting a baby sitter til the last minute. We ended up going minature golfing with the fam instead. The kids had a blast so it was fine by me. We plan on making good on our date plan this next weekend. That way I can spread my birthday out as long as possible. I have to say that being in my thirties isn't half bad. I'm older and wiser now!



2 comments:
I'm so glad that you had a good birthday weekend. Make them last as long as you can :)! I try to take birthday weeks as often as possible.
Sounds like you had a fun birthday! I agree with making your birthday last. You deserve more than just one day!
Post a Comment