Saturday, October 25, 2008

Farewell Fine Friend

Today, while ironing, I realized my trusty spray bottle was broken. I had to go grocery shopping today, so I made a mental note to pick up a new one. Tonight, while putting away the last of the upstairs "groceries", I filled up the new bottle with water. Abbie was like, "wow, you got a new one?" ( For whatever reason both Abbie and Dylan are easily excited by stuff like this). I told her, "yep", and proceeded to throw the old one away. She went into the bathroom and looked at it and came out of the bathroom trying not to cry. She couldn't help herself and burst out whimpering, "I'm really going to miss the old one". I told her it was okay, it had a good life on my ironing board and now it was done. She couldn't get over it and kept crying. We decided that taking a picture of her with it would make her feel better. Now she has asked if it can stay in her room for awhile. I'm cool with that, so now all is well. I have always known that Abbie has a heart of gold, but I never thought she would become so attached to a spray bottle! That's my girl, always surprising me.

3 comments:

Hillari

Thanks for your feedback! You are so right....it will work out. I am just impatient! Your kids are adorable....mini versions of you & your hubby! My fav clothing store is Dillards, I am such a grandma nerd!! PS- we are talking about changing the day of the housewarming party so now you have to come!! I'm kidding! I hope we will get together soon!

Jessica Marie

lol! My little brother used to sleep with an old lamp. (I'm Melissa Lemon's childhood friend, btw, and love reading your blog. I hope you don't mind!)

Melissa

Hilarious! And I've got three girls. Scary. Ryan had better find a place to hide when we all get emotional at the same time.