Saturday, April 3, 2010

Come Listen To A Prophet's Voice

Jesse and I were lucky enough to get tickets to Saturday morning's session of Conference. It was both of our first times ever going to the Conference Center and seeing it in "real life". Even though I wasn't too pumped when my alarm went off early on a Saturday, getting up was well worth it! It was awesome to be able to watch conference and see the "behind the scenes" stuff that you don't usually get to see just by watching it on tv at home. Like, I had no idea there is a man sitting at a desk next to where the apostles sit. What is he doing? I have no idea. I even peeked during the prayers to watch the prophet and apostles. I don't know why, I was just interested. From my observations, they don't really fold their arms, but they do bow their heads. President Monson puts his head in his hand. Also, during "How Firm A Foundation", President Uchtdorf tapped his hands on his knees to the beat of the music. At the end of conference, they wheeled out a wheelchair to who I'm assuming was Mrs. Monson. (Her name escapes me.) Yes, I'm a people watcher, and yes, I did pay as close attention to the talks and speakers. They were all my favorite, but I especially liked Julie Beck and Ballard's talk. It was a great morning, and even though my eye bags are even bigger than usual, it was definitely worth not sleeping in!

3 comments:

Nikkie

Amen! I felt like I got so much out of this year's talks.

Emily

It is such an amazing thing to be there. I miss it!

Laura Stringham

I really liked sister Beck's talk too. She's a hardcore mom.

lucky for you, you somehow made it onto the "watch list" (i'm still laughing and wondering about it) and scored tickets. Brent downtown for the priesthood session, but had very little to report. every 6 months he comes home and says "apparently... you AREN'T supposed to look at pornography."