Saturday, May 3, 2008

Happy, Happy Birthday Momma Dear


Today is my mom's 69th Birthday. I have to say that I do think she looks great for her age, and I hope I can be the same. She has taught me a lot of great things: never to call a boy when your interested, diamonds are a girl's best friend, crafts are yucky, cleanliness is next to Godliness, be very afraid of debt, do your hair and makeup everyday, ironing is worth the time, never a borrower or a lender be, how to match clothes, how to be a great friend, how to stand up for yourself, to never marry a farmer, and on and on and on. My mom (as well as my dad) are full of so much knowledge. I think there is something to be said for people that are from their generation. They are so wise and don't get caught up in the gimme, gimme mindset that is so common these days. I really admire my mom. Although I have inherited some of her not so fine OCD tendencies and her extreme anxiety. I am really thankful that she had me at the ripe old age of 39, and I hope she has an awesome birthday because she has led an awesome life!

1 comments:

Nicole

I can't believe she is 69 either. She really does look great for her age. I guess I forget we are getting older and everyone else does as well. Did you have a party?
Tell her Happy Birthday for me.